Eva Staehr-Nielsen was educated at the school Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen. In 1932 she was employed at the Nathalie Krebs Studio, Saxbo, where she remained until the closure of Saxbo in 1968. She was subsequently assigned to Royal Copenhagen, where she in 1970 became the leading artist of the stoneware department. She changed her style to edgier rustic designs. Eva Staehr-Nielsen remained at Royal copenhagen until her death in 1976.